On the first page of the course or module, click Start at the top of the page to begin.
Within the course or module, use the Back and Next buttons to move among the pages. These buttons are available at both the top and bottom of each page.
Move your mouse over the icons to the left to see their labels. The blue icons are always available.
· Click Contact Us (phone) to send an e-mail to Kathy Frankle at CITE.
· Click Professor (envelope) to send an e-mail to the professor for this course or module.
· Click Course Map or Module Map (compass points) to view the list of pages in this course or module.
· Click Glossary (open book) to view vocabulary words used in this course or module and their definitions.
· Click Links (computer monitor) to view a list of URLs from the professor.
· Click References (bar chart) to view a list of resources from the professor.
There are two additional icons at the bottom of the page. If you see one turn red, it is available.
· Click the red Instructions icon to read instructions from the professor.
· Click the red Teacher Talk to read more information about the subject.
Using the Interactive Elements
Timelines : Unless instructed otherwise, move your mouse over the boxes on a timeline to read the text associated with each box. (Insert example)
Drag & Drop Interactions : In this interaction, you will drag some item or items to the appropriate place. To drag an item, place your mouse cursor over the item. Then press and hold your left mouse button. With the mouse button still depressed, move the mouse to ždragÓ the item. When you reach the destination, let go of the mouse button. The item should fall into place. If you dragged it to the wrong place, it will bounce back. Try again! (Insert example)
Taking a Quiz
Multiple choice questions : Type the number or letter of your answer choice in the field or box provided. If you aren't sure, you may leave the answer as the default žDon't know.Ó (Show example)
True/False questions : Type the letter of your answer choice in the field or box provided. If you aren't sure, you may leave the answer as the default žDon't know.Ó (Show example)
Matching questions : Type the letter(s)/number(s) of your answer choice(s) in the boxes under Match next to each item description. You must put your answers in ascending order (Ex. Ů 1,4,7 or A,C,F). (Show example)
Taking a Graded Assessment (Quiz or Test)
If you come to a page that instructs you to return to WebCT to take a quiz or test, either click on the hyperlink for your class or return to the WebCT browser window that should already be open. The course or module window will also stay open until you close it.